BOOK MARKETING SUCCESS FOR WRITERS
Info & Workship Agenda
"Nobody ever made money writing a book - only by selling it"
~ Brian Jud
On our two days at sea, workshops on Book Marketing Success For Writers will be presented. In our informative, casual and interactive workshops discover how to navigate the modern publishing world. Get hundreds of valuable marketing tips while enjoying a Caribbean Cruise on the new “Carnival Breeze”.
Many very talented authors want to learn more about the changing world of publishing and the promotion aspect for their books - as nowadays literary agents and publishers ask a potential author "what is your platform" or "what are your plans to market your book?" Traditional publishers no longer provide the marketing plan for authors - authors must promote themselves and market their books.
Learn how to take advantage of all the available opportunities and resources to promote your work and yourself to publishers and readers.
Learn about the difference between the top 3% of authors and everyone else!
Learn how to promote and market your book without spending a dime!!
Ask yourself ...
"Am I as well known as I could be?"
"Are my books selling as well as they should?"
In Two Separate Workshops During Our Days At Sea, We Will Cover...
► Identifying your target readers / what is the demographic for your genre:
- Who these readers are & what they like
- What they're willing to pay for your books
- How to “classify” your genre
- Who is your competition?
- Define your book & create an elevator pitch
► How to reach these readers
- Age / location / socio-economic situation / interests
- Social networks / forums / book clubs / websites/blogs
- Take the fear out of social media!
- Manage & maximize your time on social media
► Brand and platform – how and where?
- Which impression should your readers get from you and your work
- Which online/off-line platforms are right for you
- How can you manage social media into time restraints
- Create an effective and popular author blog and website
- Learn about Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
► What are the benefits of e-publishing vs traditional publishing
- What is important for you: independence, money, status?
- What are the positive / negative sides of these possibilities
- What earnings can be achieved
- Writer Beware! What to look for in contracts
► Navigate the pre-publishing process
- How can you outsource editing, printing, ebook-formatting, cover art
- How to find the right help, from beta-readers to book lay-outers
► Market and publicize your book successfully on a budget
- How to promote your book for FREE
- Schedule for publicizing your book – before, during and after you write it
- Learn about networking, book signings, media interviews, book trailer videos
- Twitter, FB, Google+, Pinterest… – which one should I join?
- Find affordable ways to launch your books to a #1 Bestseller on Amazon
- Learn how to reach a large targeted audience without the expense of advertising
- Get all the tips & tricks of best-selling authors
► Leverage the content of your book into other markets
- How to rip your book apart & sell it in pieces, articles
- Find a foreign-rights agent or contact foreign publishers directly
- Translate your books at affordable prices
- Audio books, e-books, videos, movies, tele-seminars
► Prepare your next bestseller & find free book publishing funding sources
- How to find funding from government or organizations
- Prepare a crowd funding project (Kickstarter, Indiegogo etc.)
- Fnd writer-in-residence projects and learn how to apply
- Learn about the importance of writing more than one or two books
Get even more help after the workshops!
- Valuable links will be distributed. Continue your education when you get back home
- Receive Doris-Maria Heilmann's email address for future questions/comments
Who is Doris-Maria Heilmann?
Doris-Maria Heilmann has more than 30 years experience in writing, publishing and book marketing. She started her writing and teaching career in the field of commercial aviation and pilot training where she published several books and also her own flight & travel magazine “USA by Air”, which was a great success. She learned a lot in this role as a magazine publisher-editor-art-director-marketing-manager and later started self-publishing books.
At Algonquin College in Ottawa, Canada, she studied e-publishing and marketing, including web & graphic design, professional photography, writing for the web, editing, investigative journalism, social media and e-marketing. As e-publishing evolves at a fast pace, Doris studies intensively the e-book and traditional publishing market and has written more than 600 articles and several e-books on publishing and e-marketing for writers, notably "Book Marketing on a Shoestring", “111 Tips to Create Your Book Trailer” and "111 Marketing Tips for Authors".
Her seminars and workshops cover among others: Publishing strategies, publishing contracts, print and digital production, pre-publishing, book design, marketing, social media networking, book and e-book promotion and distribution.
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
Authors or small publishers that are serious about the success of their books. Genres can be anything from non-fiction to poetry and fiction. This seminar is also for individuals who would like to learn marketing skills, as all these promotion techniques can be applied by every small business.
Are you a novice writer wanting to learn about the publishing industry, a seasoned author wanting to know more about e-books and how they differ from printed books, a writer, baffled by social media, an author of a new book who needs marketing help for your title?
This Cruise Workshop Is For You!
Isn't it YOUR time?
Simply click the "Register Here" button below.
Back to main page